The El Paso Chapter of the Pan American Golf Association
History of the
The National Pan American Golf Association (P.A.G.A.) originated in 1947 when a golf group known as the Fore Golfers of San Antonio adopted the name “Pan American Golf Association”. In 1956, all existing chapters, San Antonio, Houston, Ft. Worth, Dallas, Alice, Austin and Brownsville met together for the first time and voted to become a State Organization and was chartered that same year in the State of Texas. In 1963, Oklahoma City joined the Pan American Golf Associaton and we became a National Organization.
In 1972, a group of golfers who played at Ascarate Golf Course were introduced to the Pan American Golf Association through professional golfer Lee Trevino. The El Paso Chapter was founded in 1972 and became a part of this National Association.
El Paso Chapter Membership
The El Paso Chapter of P.A.G.A is over 130 members strong. Our membership consists of Regular members, Seniors (50 years of age and older), Women and Juniors.
The El Paso Chapter sponsers a tournament each month which are played at all area courses located in El Paso and New Mexico. We promote amateur golf, junior golf and education. The El Paso Chapter participates with the Nation PAGA Scholarships Program and we as a chapter have been awarding $10,000 annually in scholarships to high school graduates enrolling in an instituion of learning. Family members of the El Paso Chapter are eligible for these scholarships.
- To encourage and promote amateur golf at all skill levels.
- To support education, civic, and athletic instituions.
- To provide financial support and assistance to charitable and humanitarian agencies.
- To provide assistance and scholarships to students.
- Annual National P.A.G.A. Convention and Tournament in July/August.
- Annual National P.A.G.A. Winter Meeting and Tournament.
- National P.A.G.A. Senior Legends Tournament on Memorial Day weekends.
- Annual P.A.G.A. Ladies’ Tournament in July/August.
- Chapter invitationals throughout the United States.
- Montly El Paso Chapter tournaments for members.
- Annual El Paso Chapter awards banquet for members.
- Over $85,000 in scholarships annually throughout P.A.G.A.-Land.
- Over $10,000 in scholarships annually by the El Paso Chapter.
- National Scholarship Awards annually to graduation high school seniors.
- Annual National Junior Boy’s Champion Scholarship.
- Annual National Junior Girl’s Champion Scholarship.